During the early 1900’s, Birmingham, Alabama played a vital role in the industrial revolution that swept North America. The southeast was growing with promising new industry and railways and Birmingham was a centrally located center for most transportation and business deals.
B&A Warehouse, located at 1531 First Avenue South, is one block from the downtown transportation hub and in the heart of the historic warehouse district. It occupies the building that was formally Jefferson Plumbing & Mill Supply Company. It’s been a few years since the renowned Supply Company closed it’s doors, but in 1999 three Birmingham area entrepreneurs, Art Durkee, Alison Nichols and Bill Mudd, envisioned a great deal of potential for the classic design of the facility and decided to give it new life.
Today, B&A Warehouse is a modern hosting venue for events and parties that is unlike any other venue in the Southeast. Throughout renovation the integrity of the original architectural design has been maintained. The historic personality of the early 1900’s has been enhanced with many modern amenities.